Thank you for visiting Kerry Berman's Desert Discovery Eco Tours!
We offer fun, fascinating, historically-accurate walking, hiking and motor adventures in the Colorado Sonoran Desert. See it all or pick your favorite.
You can walk in the footsteps of the original desert inhabitants, the Cahuilla Indians. Learn how they survived and thrived for thousands years in the harsh desert climate. Listen to their stories; touch the plants these resourceful ecologists used for food, housing and even to make their own shoes.
Hear about the first white settlers who came to the desert, the original “trendsetters” who started a migration that continues to this day. See where these sturdy and industrious pioneers lived, find out how they made, or lost, their fortunes and raised their families as they tamed the desert.
Journey to a cool California Fan Palm Oasis with ponds fed by natural underground springs -- created long ago by earthquakes. Learn about the unique animals that call this desert their home.
How about something a little more modern?
Walk and travel along the famous California San Andreas Earthquake Fault. See just where the North American and Pacific tectonic plates collide and slide.
See and learn about our renewable energy resources like the wind-farms, solar, geo-thermal, bio-mass, and hydro-electric.
Take a unique memory home from your visit to the desert as you snap photos with plenty of opportunities.
Let us share with you our love, appreciation, and knowledge of this special place -- we are privileged to call home. The Coachella Valley awaits you. See you soon!
Kerry Berman Certified Interpretive Guide
Desert Discovery Tour
Explorers on this tour will find out what 95% of the locals don’t know about the desert.
• Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes with rubber soles. Tennis or hiking shoes are perfect!
• Dress in layers...temperatures can change rapidly.
• Bring a hat, sunglasses, and apply sunscreen before you start your tour.
• Minimum age for children is 6 and they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Remember to bring your camera and perhaps an extra battery.
• Water and snacks will be provided.
• Tours are not recommended for those who are pregnant, have medical conditions, or have problems with your neck, back, or legs.